Heart-Healthy Harvest Bowl
Add some color to your lunch or dinner with this heart-healthy harvest bowl! This harvest bowl recipe combines some of the best high-nutrient ingredients that will benefit your heart and keep you full all day long.
Packed with Heart-Healthy Ingredients
The base of mixed leafy greens in this harvest bowl is full of vitamin K which plays a huge role in blood coagulation. Studies show that there is a strong connection between vitamin k levels and the heart structure and functioning.
Quinoa is rich in antioxidants, which can prevent damage to your heart and other organs. When you include foods that have high antioxidants in your diet, you can decrease the risk of heart disease.
While eating fat-enriched foods may sounds like a bad thing, some fats can play an essential role in keeping your heart healthy. The avocado, olive oil, and walnuts in the harvest bowl are full of polyunsaturated fats which aid in decreasing the risk of blood clots, reducing blood pressure, and lowering your risk of heart disease.
Try this recipe out and see if you found a new meal to add into your lunch or dinner rotation!
Harvest Bowl Ingredients
- 3-4 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup of roasted sweet potato (season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and a sprinkle of brown sugar)
- 1 cup of quinoa (wild rice or brown rice works great too!)
- 1 cup of cooked chicken (bake a chicken breast with your favorite seasonings or buy a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 apple, chopped (honey crisp is our favorite!)
- ½ of an avocado cubed or sliced
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- ¼ cup of walnuts
Harvest Bowl Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp mustard
- ½ tbsp of honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Harvest Bowl Instructions
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake to combine, set aside
- Prepare the roasted sweet potato, chicken, and quinoa
- Chop the apple and avocado
- Place the mixed greens in a large bowl
- Top the mix greens with the sweet potato, quinoa, chicken, apple, avocado, goat cheese, and walnuts
- Drizzle prepared dressing onto the harvest bowl and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Prepare extra roasted sweet potato, chicken, and quinoa and store in airtight containers and build more harvest bowls throughout your week
- Want to make this dish vegetarian? Swap out the chicken with tofu prepared in your preferred way
- Swap the mixed greens for whatever you prefer. You can use spinach, romaine, kale, or whatever you like!
- Double the dressing recipe and store the extra in a jar to use for leftovers
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.