Chinese Orange Cauliflower Bites
If you are looking for creative ways to eat vegetables, this is for you! Cauliflower provides a variety of nutrients that bring many health benefits to your body, including digestive and detoxification support. Pair this cruciferous vegetable with the right seasonings and a delicious Chinese glaze for the ultimate dish everyone will love.
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup canned coconut milk
¾ cup all-purpose flour (I use gluten-free)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
For the orange glaze:
½ cup vegetable broth
½ cup orange juice
½ teaspoon orange zest
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1) Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
2) To create the batter, whisk together coconut milk, flour, garlic powder, garlic powder, ginger, onion powder, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth.
3) Coat cauliflower pieces with batter and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until cauliflower turns slightly golden brown.
4) While cauliflower is baking, whisk together the vegetable broth, orange juice and zest, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ground ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir until mixed. Pour cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and stir until glaze thickens, about 2 minutes.
5) Remove glaze from heat and cauliflower from oven once both are done cooking. Let cauliflower bites cool and place in a medium bowl. Spoon pour glaze over cauliflower bites and toss until each piece is evenly coated.
6) Serve with rice or quinoa, vegetables, orange, pineapple, or even cashews!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.